What I Ate on Christmas Day

My family in the Dominican Republic are still celebrating to fullest which I honestly do miss that. My biological parents are over there my sisters, nephews and niece too. It has been a few years I haven’t gone back home all due work. Sometimes I do miss the liberty to do stuff without being attached or obligated to stay one place for so long.

Being the way I am I start to get irritated with myself and with others around me because of wanting to do things I want but can’t..oh well I’m sure I’m the only one. Hope to be home for next year with God’s will.

Ayaca

Photo: BeautyOfCafe205

Ayaca (Aruban language) originally from Venezuela (Hallaca) dish made with corn dough stuffed with stewed chicken, pork or beef also with other ingredients like raisins, capers and olives. We usually make it with pistachios and prunes as well. The Ayaca is folded in plantain leaves tied with strings and boiled.

Christmas Ham

Photo: BeautyOfCafe205

My partner made this pork ham with honey, cherries and the cherrie juice, pineapple in chucks because we went to the grocery store but couldn’t find a whole pineapple. Well seasoned and went in the oven for over three plus hours we still got more in the vreezer.

Smoothie & Coconut Rum

Photo: BeautyOfCafe205

I was outside with the kids when I came back inside I found this smoothie with coconut rum. The smoothie consists of strawberry, banana and other berries. Very refreshing!

We did eat and drink more things but forgot to take pictures of it.. was just enjoying the moment. In a few hours I will have to go to work until eight pm in the evening. I hope you enjoyed Christmas day and have a blessed weekend!

13 Comments

1. Let us thank God for His blessings. Enjoy sis.

1. Amen❀ thank you..you too!

2. Blogs by J says:

Everything looks great! I hope that you had a wonderful Christmas!

1. I did! πŸŽ„ how did u spend it?

1. Blogs by J says:

Right at home lol, it was different this year, yet still very special ❀

3. Shelly DS says:

Good grief how do you ever get upset with such good food? I really want to try everything! My family also starts celebrating on the 24th and they have a β€œseia β€œ on that night

1. What is a ‘seia’? Like a dinner or party?

1. Shelly DS says:

Oopsies a ceia is a Christmas dinner. Most people do it at midnight for some strange reason πŸ˜…

2. We start in the evening too ..this year we ate at 12 at midnight

4. Toma Ruh says:

So nice! Hope you had a good celebration! ❀️

1. We had a nice relaxed Christmas:) how did you spend it?

1. Toma Ruh says: