I’m gonna share with you a VERY easy dinner recipe and drink which you can make it at the comfort of your home. The most important thing you can make this with your family on a cozy night.
To read all Blogtober posts you can click here.
You Might Also Like Hello Blogtober 2021!
Brie + Cheddar Apple Beer Soup with Cinnamon Pecan Oat Crumble
Cheddar Apple Beer Soup with Brie
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 sweet onion chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2/3 cup apple cider
- 2 small Honeycrisp apples or 1 large, chopped
- 2 teaspoon fresh thyme chopped (or 1/2 teaspoon dried)
- 1 (12 ounce) beer I used pumpkin beer
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces brie rind removed + cubed
Cinnamon Pecan Oat Crumble
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 cups whole raw pecans
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
To make the Crumble
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Working on a greased cookie sheet or pyrex dish, add the oats, pecans, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Add the softened butter and use your fingers to crumble it into the oats mixture until everything is moist and the butter is evenly distributed. Bake for 20 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking, until crisp is golden brown and smells amazing. I like to serve this warm, so I make it while the soup simmers.
To make the Soup
- Heat a large soup pot over medium heat. Add the olive oil. Once hot, add the onions and a pinch of brown sugar. Season with a little salt and pepper. Cook about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until softened. At this point, slowly add in the apple cider, let it cook into the onions, add more and continue to cook. Do this until the onions are caramelized. Add the apples and thyme to the pot and cook over medium heat, stirring, until softened, 8 minutes. Add in any remaining apple cider, the beer, chicken broth and cayenne. Bring to a simmer and cook 5-10 minutes or until the apples are tender. (This is when I bake the crumble)
- Meanwhile, whisk the flour into the milk until smooth. Set aside.
- Once the apples are soft, puree the soup until chunky smooth or completely smooth (whatever you like). Return the soup to the stove and bring to a low bowl. Whisk in the milk mixture and boil until the soup thickens slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cheddar cheddar cheese and brie until melted and smooth. Simmer the soup 5 minutes or until ready to serve.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and top with the cinnamon pecan crumble. Plus maybe some extra cheese too!! Happy slurping!
You can find recipe here!
You Might Also Like How To Deal With Dry Skin 🧡𝐁𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐭𝐨𝐛𝐞𝐫🧡
Pumpkin Spice and Everything Nice
1 oz Bailey’s Pumpkin Spice
1 oz Captain Morgan Spiced Rum
1.5 scoops vanilla ice cream
Combine Baileys Pumpkin Spice, Captain Morgan, and vanilla ice cream in a highball glass. Top with cola and stir. Garnish with mint.
You can find more recipes here!
Easy and quick recipes for Autumn days we want to feel warmer and be cozier at home with loved ones, moms I think these two recipes are very easy to follow and not only that we deserve to have a drink after a hard day at work, and after these little rascals don’t want to listen to you this feels like.. YES! finally they are asleep now it’s ME time!